Wednesday, July 29, 2009

thank you RON

I truly can't remember the last time I sat down and just drew something. At least three years. And it took a combination of two films (both documentaries) to bring it back into the light.

The first was "My Kid Could Paint That!". A great doc. about about a 4 year old girl who made award winning, thousand dollar abstract paintings purchased by painter snobs and connoisseurs alike. The film leaves you wondering if this angelic sweat-heart did it herself, or with the help of her parents. If it was the parents, then Hollywood should be knocking on their front door.

The second film was "Crips and Bloods: Made in America". You MUST see this film. Fantastic. It really makes you think and reassess your identity with humanity. With out getting to deep into a critique, as I watched, the gentlemen below came onscreen as an interviewee to the events that started a revolution. As I watched this man pored his feelings out on camera, I suddenly felt the incredible erge to draw him. For so long I had trouble finding that subject that grabbed me and inspired me to pick up the damn pencil and start drawing. Below is what followed.



I hope to work this one further in photoshop. But at the very least I look forward to having drawing back in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment